AGEO will engage with local communities to actively participate in risk preparedness and monitoring and incorporate local capacities into risk management systems.
Experiences gained during the implementation of the Citizens’ Observatory pilots will be used to formulate recommendations for the creation of future observatories in response to the widest range of hazards (both natural and human-induced) in the Atlantic region.
These five pilots are as follow:
- Citizens’ observatory on rockfalls and rockfall-triggers in the Canary Islands, Spain
- Citizens’ observatory on rockfalls and rockfall-triggers in Giants’ Causeway and Carrick-a-rede, Northern Ireland
- Multihazard Citizens’ Observatory in Lisbon, Portugal
- Citizens’ observatory of slope instability monitoring in Madeira island, Portugal
- Citizens’ observatory of vulnerability to coastal Risks in Brittany, France